We have thus laid out an action plan to help deliver on this corporate responsibility and are committed to doing everything in our power to mitigate the risks posed to our employees, our partners and our consumers. In that regard, Edita’s has taken the proactive step of establishing a risk committee to implement and monitor the Company’s guidelines for safety and business continuity along three primary verticals of Health and Safety, Social Distancing and Business Continuity. These measures will be regularly reviewed and updated in accordance with on-the-ground developments.
Key highlights as of date include:
HEALTH & SAFETY
• Gate processing for employees and visitors with fever-screening devices, barring entry for anyone experiencing a fever above 37.5°C. This falls as part of our initiative to encourage employees to take sick leave if they are feeling ill, knowing that they otherwise won’t be allowed entry;
• Rollout of strict internal hygiene and sanitization protocols, including:
o Placement of hand sanitizers with 70% alcohol content as well as pure alcohol on each floor at our premises;
o Hourly cleaning of doorknobs with water and disinfectants;
o Safety gear guidelines and disinfection routines for staff handling cash and for other customer interfacing duties;
o Strict hygiene processes for buffet staff, including wearing masks and gloves at all times and the periodic sterilization of all cutlery and cooking utensils;
o Food at the cafeteria is being served in disposable plates and self-serve stations have been rolled out;
• Continued adherence to best-practices for quality management and employee safety at Edita’s state-of-the-art production facilities.
• Strengthened our internal, virtual and online communications tools and began implementing a staff rotation policy at our head office to reduce our in-office white-collar employees by 50%. Our IT department stands ready to deploy necessary infrastructure for increased social distancing should the need arise;
• Limiting visits from external parties and postponing any foreign consultancy visits to our facilities;
• Limiting physical meetings to very strategic and decision-making needs, with all other meetings to be conducted through video or audio conferencing;
• A complete halt in training activities for the time being;
• Extra travel restrictions and precautions
• Contingency and business continuity plans are in place, including for industrial production and supply chain management;
• Initiated business continuity protocols and risk mitigation measures to first ensure the safety of our employees and the continued operation of our business;
• Supply chain and risk management through continuous monitoring of markets to ensure we maintain safety stocks in our warehouses, and secured contracts with several supply channels to diversify our raw material base;
• Communicated our business continuity protocols to all employees through our internal communication department for optimal alignment and to help navigate this critical time.
Edita will continue to closely monitor developments in the spread of COVID-19 and conform to guidelines issued by the Egyptian government and the World Health Organization to ensure the Company is prepared for any eventuality. We will continue to update our stakeholders and, in the meantime, please don’t hesitate to contact us for any additional information.